Location: Remote/Working from home
- Work closely with our product and design teams to bring the vision to reality
- Create compelling web based user interfaces and experiences
- Leverage the latest front-end technologies to rapidly deliver products
- Optimize UI and application code for scalability, efficiency and performance
- B.S. or higher studies in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) with evidence of exceptional ability.
- Mastery of web standards and cross-browser compatibility.
- Fundamental web technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, and JSON) are second nature.
- DOM manipulation and AJAX-enabled UIs are easy and standard operating procedure.
- Firebug, Developer Tools, or similar ways of debugging are like a best friend.
- Ability to speak in objects and prototypes just as easily as functions and operators.
- Ready to dive in on the server-side if needed — primarily PHP (knowing some Python is a plus).
- Perfectly happy in a LAMP development environment, and not afraid of Terminal, SSH, and Bash.
- Familiarity with open source development workflow using GIT, Fork, Pull Requests and branches.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, and familiarity with and embracer of modern Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum, etc).
- Detail oriented eye for pixel perfect solutions.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You love working with data. Lots of it. And using it to build robust, scalable apps.
- You perform well under constant pressure and aggressive timelines.
- You know when to ask more questions and where to look for answers.
- Experience with Node.js a plus.
- Experience with Drupal a huge plus.
- Experience writing basic REST APIs a plus.
- Experience with MySQL or MongoDB a plus.
- Experience with PaaS or VM deployment using AWS or Docker a plus